Sweet Chili Pomegranate Chicken Drumsticks
Sweet Chili Heat!! Sticky, Spicy, and Sweet, this recipe is weeknight mealtime happiness. Quick, easy, and jam-packed with deliciousness. Yes!
Sweet Chili Pomegranate Chicken
Makes 4 to 6 servings
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 pounds chicken drumsticks
1 teaspoon kosher salt + a pinch for the rice
1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
½ cup sweet Thai chili sauce
¼ cup pomegranate juice
¼ cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
Zest of 1 lime
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
7-ounces baby bok choy, trimmed and leaves separated
Arils from 1 large pomegranate
1 ½ cups jasmine rice
3 cups chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Massage the chicken drumsticks with the oil, salt, and pepper, getting every nook & cranny well coated.
- Heat a large oven-safe/non-stick pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken and brown on all sides, 5 to 6 minutes (depending on the size of your pan, you may need to do this in batches).
- While the chicken is browning, combine the Thai chili sauce, pomegranate juice, soy, honey, lime zest, ginger, and garlic, and whisk until smooth. Pour the sauce over the browned chicken, then transfer the pan to the oven. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and easily pulls away from the bone. (and reads 165 F on a meat thermometer)
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice. Bring the stock to a simmer over medium heat, and season with a pinch of salt. Stir in the rice, cover, and cook according to the package directions. Easy Peasy.
- Spoon the rice onto a serving platter. Toss the saucy cooked chicken with the baby bok choy leaves, then spoon overtop of the rice. Top with pomegranate arils and serve. Sweet Chili Deliciousness!