Souvlaki-Spiced Side of Salmon
Warm Weather Happiness = Souvlaki-Spiced Side of Salmon, featuring incredible Bluehouse Salmon. My absolute favourite salmon on the planet! Sustainable, Zero Micro-Plastics, Planet Friendly Deliciousness. Good for you, good for the planet. Yes Please!
As consumers, it’s vital that we source and purchase products with intentionality. Educating ourselves on exactly where our food comes from, what we’re feeding the people we love, and feeling confident that those products/brands are ensuring we’re making the planet better today than it was yesterday. That we’re threading the needle on positive change. That the seas will be abundant with deliciousness for future generations. Bluehouse is a company that is doing it right, and I’m proud to stand beside them. I can’t recommend highly enough that you check them out – learn more at Bluehouse Salmon.
This dish is absolutely perfect for summer grilling season. Quick & easy to prepare family-style goodness. Make this recipe, friends!
Souvlaki-Spiced Side of Salmon
Makes 6 – 8 servings
1 full side of Bluehouse Salmon
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried parsley
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 tablespoons onion powder
1 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Zest of 1 lemon, grated on a micro plane
1 large eggplant, sliced
2 green zucchinis, sliced
Sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper
Tomato Cucumber Salad
1 ½ cups diced tomatoes
1 ½ cups diced cucumber
½ cup diced red onion
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pinch of sea salt
½ cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons finely diced cucumber
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoons fresh dill, leaves picked
Splash of your favorite hot sauce
Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1 cup Kalamata olives
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. When ready to cook, preheat a grill over medium-high heat (around 425 degrees F). Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. First, prepare the tomato cucumber salad and tzatziki. In a small bowl, combine all of your sliced and diced veggies and herbs, drizzle in your lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and olive oil, then season with salt and toss to mix. Tzatziki time. Combine all of the tzatziki ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Easy peasy. Set both aside while you prepare your salmon.
3. In a small bowl, combine all of the dried herbs and spices, lemon zest, and season well with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Place the side of Bluehouse Salmon on the prepared baking sheet, then drizzle over a glug or two of olive oil and coat the fish generously with the spice mixture. Note! You may have extra spice rub. Perfect for your next salmon adventure! Awesome.
4. Toss the sliced eggplant and zucchini with olive oil, then season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Place the prepared baking tray on the grill, and cook the salmon for 15 – 20 minutes, or until cooked through with a little pink remaining (to check the salmon doneness, simply grab a fork and if the fish flakes easily, you’re good to go!). While the salmon roasts away, grill the veggies alongside the fish, turning to char the eggplant and zucchini on both sides.
5. Serve your incredible Souvlaki-Spiced Bluehouse Salmon with the grilled veggies, salad, tzatziki, black olive, crumbled feta, and a few lemon wedges. Sustainably Delicious!