Grilled Smokey Lime Paprika Chicken with Smoked Jalapeño Hot Sauce
Grilled Smokey Lime Paprika Chicken
Makes 4 – 6 servings, plus extra hot sauce
4 free-range bone-in chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
Zest of 1 lime
1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
Jalapeno Hot Sauce
6 cilantro sprigs
2 green onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, peeled
½ cup distilled white vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Chicken time. First up, marinade. Combine chicken, olive oil, zest, spices, salt, and pepper in a freezer bag (or large bowl), and give everything a good mix. Transfer to the fridge and let those flavours work their magic for at least 1 hour (up to 4 hours).
2. When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 425 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Remove chicken from the marinade bag and place directly on the grill grates, skin side up. Cook for 45 – 50 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving.
4. While the chicken is cooking, crack on with the hot sauce. Place the jalapenos on the grill to cook alongside the chicken. Grill for about 30 minutes, or until charred all over. Remove from the grill, then remove the stems from your jalapenos. Combine the jalapenos and all remaining hot sauce ingredients in a high powered blender and pulse until smooth. Done. Awesome.
5. Serve up your beautiful with that sweet & spicy hot sauce and any of your favourite side dishes. Winner winner.
Leave a Reply