Field Roast Sausage Rolls with Cranberry Red Wine Sauce
Field Roast Sausage Rolls with Cranberry Red Wine Sauce (#ad)
1 X package Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage Sausages
½ cup white onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon lemon zest
½ cup panko breadcrumbs
Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
2 sheet puff pastry, thawed
Cranberry Red Wine Sauce
12 ounces cranberries (fresh or frozen)
½ cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup dry red wine
1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Grab a blender. Combine the Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage Sausages, onion, garlic, lemon zest, panko, and season with sea salt and cracked pepper to taste. Pulse until combined and smooth.
3. Flour a surface. Using a pizza cutter (or sharp knife), divide the puff pastry into 12 equal squares. Divide the filling into 12 equal portions as well. Working one at a time, dab a little water along one of the edges of each puff pastry. Place the filling inside the puff pastry and roll as tightly as possible, pressing down at the end to seal the seam. Place the sausage roll, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Slice a few openings into the roll. Repeat for the rest of the filling and puff pastry.
4. Transfer to the oven and bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the cranberry red wine sauce.
6. In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, maple, brown sugar, red wine, and a pinch of salt, and heat over medium heat. Let the sauce simmer and bubble away for 15 – 20 minutes, stirring every now and then, until thickened beautifully.
7. Serve sausage rolls warm (or at room temperature) with cranberry red wine sauce. Delicious!
*Paid partnership with Field Roast