Banh Mi Burgers
Traeger Grilled Banh Mi Burgers
Makes 4 burgers
2 pounds ground chuck (best quality)
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
Zest of 1 lime
2 carrots, julienned
½ daikon radish, julienned
1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
Handful of fresh cilantro
Handful of fresh basil
4 brioche burger buns, split and toasted
¼ cup mayo
2 tablespoons sriracha hot sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- Burger time. In a bowl, combine beef, ginger, garlic, lime zest, and mix. Form into 4 burger patties, slightly larger than the width of your burger buns (beef will shrink as it cooks). Place a thumbprint into the center of each patty, then season both sides of each patty liberally with sea salt and pepper.
- Quick pickle time. In a bowl, combine carrots, daikon, jalapeno, rice wine vinegar, and sugar, and mix well. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Sriracha mayo time. In a bowl, combine mayo, sriracha, garlic, and lime, and mix well. Done. Easy peasy.
- When ready to cook, start the Traeger according to grill instructions. Set the temperature to 450 degrees F (set to 500 degrees if using a WiFIRE-enabled grill) and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Arrange the hamburgers directly on the grill grate. Cook for 6 minutes then flip patties. Turn grill down to 195 degrees and Set to Super Smoke if using a WiFIRE-enabled grill.
- Cook patties for an additional 7 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the burger registers 160 degrees F. Awesome.
- Build your burgers on toasted brioche buns with sriracha mayo, pickled veggies, and fresh basil and cilantro. Delicious!