Sticky Sriracha Smoked Ribs
Rib Night! Beautiful, sticky, fall off the bone ribs. Hot. Damn. So good!
These smoked ribs are absolutely bursting with awesome! Spicy, sweet, saucy, smoked goodness. Comfort food that’s guaranteed to please a crowd, any time of the year. Make these ribs y’all!
Note! You’ll have leftover BBQ sauce from this recipe – bonus! Perfect for basting beef, chicken, or fish, or drizzling over nachos or tacos (basically, it’s awesome with everything).
Sticky Sriracha Baby Back Ribs
4 pounds baby back ribs
¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Zest of 1 lime
1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1 – 2 red chilies, thinly sliced
¼ cup chopped peanuts
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
8 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup sriracha hot sauce
⅔ cup soy sauce
½ cup packed dark brown sugar
1 cup ketchup
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Combine the brown sugar, spices, lime zest, salt, and pepper in a bowl and give it a stir to mix. Massage the rub over the ribs getting them completely coated, then cover and chill in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to cook, start your Traeger grill on smoke until a fire is established (4 – 5 minutes). Place the ribs directly on the grill grates and smoke for 4 – 5 hours.
- While the ribs are smoking, crack on with the BBQ sauce. Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat, and pour in the oil. When hot, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, then whisk in the remaining sauce ingredients. Simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, until nicely thickened, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Remove the ribs from the grill and increase the grill temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Baste the ribs liberally with BBQ sauce, then wrap in foil. Place back on the grill grates and cook for 45 minutes.
- Rest the the ribs for 20 minutes, then transfer to a board and cut them up. Top with the sliced chilies and chopped peanuts. Serve with remaining bbq sauce & extra hot sauce, if you like it spicy. Delicious!